Government of India is offering the Scholarship for students pursuing Professional and Technical courses for the economically weaker and meritorious students belonging to Muslim, Sikh,
Buddhist, Christian and Parsi minority communities. For the year-2012-13 the number of Fresh scholarships is increased from 1840 to 5520.
Applications are invited only through Online Scholarship Management System (OSMS) for Fresh/Renewal Scholarship for academic year 2012-2013.
- Applicant should be resident of Maharashtra State.
- Admission to the course should be through Common Entrance Test or obtained minimum 50% marks at qualifying examination.
- Applicant should not avail any other scholarship/stipend.
- The total annual income of family/guardian should not be more than 2.50 lakhs.
- 30 % seats are reserved for girls.
Documents to be attached with application form
- One Copy of passport size photograph with signature pasted on Application Form.
- Attested certificates of educational qualification (S.S.C.Onwards).
- Income and minority declaration – affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper and income certificate from the employer, if any.
- Proof of permanent residence.
- For renewal of scholarship – only income declaration, previous year mark sheet and Receipt in Acknowledgement of year 2011- 12 is to be attached along with application form.
Courses for Scholarship
The professional and Technical courses Degree in Engineering/Technology UG & PG (B.E. / B.Tech / M.E. / M.Tech), Cement Technology, Fashion Technology, Pharmacy (B.Pharm /
M.Pharm), Architecture and Town Planning(UG & PG), Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Applied Art and Craft (UG and PG), MCA, MBA/MMS, Health Science Courses, Law (LLB/LLM), Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry, CA, ICWAI, CS etc. (Detailed list available on http://momascholarship.gov.in)
The course fee (maximum Rs. 20,000!- for not listed institute) and maintenance allowance (Rs. 5,000/- for Day Scholar! Rs. 10,000/-for Hosteller).
Submission of Application Form for Fresh! Renewal Scholarship by student
The eligible aspiring students shall fill the Online Application Form on http://momascholarship.gov.in. The student should register the name on the website, fill the information online, The OSMS shall generate the Temporary Application ID for the Fresh student, by using this ID fill the Online Application Form , select the Institute (if not in list then contact to the Principal for institute registration), verify the complete filled data and finalize & submit it to the Institutes. Renewal student can renew the scholarship by filling the Online Application Form by using the generated permanent ID or by filling basic information of the year 2011-1 2. The student can’t update the data once the form is Online finalized and submitted to the institute. The student should take printout of the form, attach documents and submit it to the Pnncipal where he/she is studying.
Procedure for forwarding Online Application by Institutes
- The registered institute (list is given on www.momascholarship.gov.in) should scrutinize the Online filled Application Form through OSMS by their login ID and Password. Forward the
hard copy of Scrutinized Application Forms along with attested Xerox copy of necessary documents of Maharashtra state students to the concern Regional Office of the Directorate
of Technical Education, Mumbai and Other state student should forward the hard copy of the Scrutinized Application Form to the concern state (list of state wise addresses is given
- The approved institutes of Maharashtra State whose names are not in registered institute list can register there name by submitting the information in a table given below to Nodal office, Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbal. After registration Institute will get the Login ID and Password on mobile noie-mail ID through SMS/MAIL.
|Information of the Institute for Merit cum Means Based Online Registration|
|Sr. No||Institute Name||Establishment Name||University/Board||Institute Code(if any provided by DTE)||Institute address with PIN code||Institute District||Details of Principal/Director||Details of the Staff Handling Scholarship|
Schedule of Activities for Fresh/Renewal Application form-Year 2012-13
- Last date for Submission of Online Applications for Scholarship by students on www.momascholarship.gov.in : 30th September, 2012, 31st December, 2012
- Last date for Submission of duly signed Printed version of Online Applications by students to respective Institutes: 10th October, 2012, 10th January, 2013
- Last date for Scrutiny of Online Applications by Institutes on www.momascholarship.gov.in: 20th October, 2012, 15th January, 2013
- Last date for Submission of hard copy of Application Forms by the Institutes in Maharashtra to concern Regional Office: 25th October, 2012, 17th January, 2013
Scholarship disbursement by NEFT
The scholarship shall be transferred through NEFT; hence the Students/Institutes should fill the Bank Details correctly. The student can open zero balance account in the Bank as per